Overall Purpose of the Job: The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects regarding stock management and managing stores and the stores personnel.
Minimum qualification and experience:
- Related tertiary qualification
- 3 to 5 years of Inventory Management
- Excellent working knowledge of EXCEL
- SAP experience an advantage or experience on other Inventory systems
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain inputs to computerised inventory system – ensure all items received and dispatched are accurately captured within regional deadlines.
- Implement a check process in terms of outstanding purchase orders – receiving of physical items and services as well as system receipting (for stock and non-stock items).
- Coordinate liquidation and transfer of stock to reflect cost, age and demand.
- Ensure internal control procedures are adhered to through documentation audits.
- Ensure all items dispatched and received are captured timeously in line with the regional deadlines.
- Manage cycle count requirements.
- Ensure that internal and external customer service and lead time are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives.
- Ensure requisitions are from approved vendor, product, price lists and agreements
- Monitor quality of products from suppliers
- Ensure that suppliers adhere to lead time for delivery of orders
- Liaise with the Head Office procurement department and support them with information needs
- Manage the physical and system receipting and issuing of stock on a daily basis as per the service/installation job schedule requirements.
- Manage the stock ratio of stores in line with budget on a minimum / maximum stock level.
- Ensure strict access control to the stores area.
- Organise inventory storage to optimize operational efficiency and storage space utilisation.
- Implement a check process on all goods entering the stores area in terms of quality / data sheets are correctly labelled.
- Coordinate and manage the monthly stock take process.
- Coordinate and manage the Demand Planning process relating to imported product.
- Leads and Manages team of professionals to accomplish inventory and L&D objectives for the Enterprise, across multiple facilities and locations.
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development needs of staff under your control.
- Set up and attend training sessions / demo’s at regular intervals with suppliers to understand products on the Approved list.
- Ensure store man, stores assistants and stores administrators meet monthly deadlines.
- Inventory holding values
- Stock turn days
- Obsolescence %
- Open purchase order
- Stock variances – investigate, follow up and prepare variance report with full explanations