Overall purpose of the job: The purpose of the Fire Service Technician is to install and service Fire Equipment (Extinguishers, hose reels etc) in accordance with SANS 1475. The incumbent’s experience to include working in small, medium and large install and service jobs as well as a good understanding of SANS 1475 requirements
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 (five) year’s experience in a similar 1475 service and installation role within Fire Industry.
- Working knowledge and application of applicable SANS legislation.
- SAQCC registered
- Experience of carrying out fire risk assessments, audit and due diligence inspections of existing buildings
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Reliable transport
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid passport
- Willing to travel within the borders of South Africa as well as Sub-Saharan Africa and Abroad when required
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure neat, correct and timeous installation of fire equipment. Installations to be in line with business and industry standards and meet accreditation i.e. SANS 1475
- Work within the framework of hours quoted per job
- Ensure that any changes required on site to install instructions due to changes on sites are timeously reported to the sales person responsible for the quote
- Be able to identify all product faults and recommend repairs/service required
- Ability to read drawings, and apply compliant solutions
- Understand and manage own deliverables, scope and good time management
- Work effectively with sales, commissioning engineers and Project Manager
- Work and adhere to detailed commissioning plans which identifies the activities needed to successfully install/service, commission and handover sites,
- Proper control over all documents and records of all tests on site to include in handover documents as proof of functional testing. Timeous handing in of all completed job cards.
- Be able to manage an assistant where required.
- Adherence to project and EHS plans;
- Keep forms and records to document daily project activities;
- Monitor the progress, and communicate daily to site client and Fidelity Fire Solutions Project Manager and make adjustments as agreed with Project Manager to ensure the successful completion or projects;
- Ensure quality of work on site to ensure that it meets the project standards and specifications;
- Check stock before deployment to site and when on site in order to ensure everything required is available. This includes managing any vehicles stock that may be issued.
- Ensure any deviations in required materials is timeously reported to the project manager to allow time for ordering
- Maintaining a good customer relationship with all Commercial Clients whilst on site.
- Overtime work required from time to time