Overall purpose of the job: The purpose of the Fire Systems Technician is to install and service Fire Detection and Suppression solutions and the Service and Maintenance thereof. The incumbent’s experience to include, but not limited to, Fire Detection, Gas Suppression and Servicing & Maintenance
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure neat, correct and timeous installation of fire systems. Installations to be in line with business and industry standards and meet accreditation requirements like FDIA
- Work within the framework of hours quoted per job
- Ensure that all design deviations required due to site constraints or changes are timeously reported to the systems sales engineer
- Be able to identify all fire systems faults and recommend repairs/service required
- Ability to read drawings, and apply compliant solutions
- Understand and manage own deliverables, scope and good time management
- Work effectively with sales, commissioning engineers and Project Manager
- Work and adhere to detailed commissioning plans which identifies the activities needed to successfully install/service, commission and handover sites,
- Proper control over all documents and records of all tests on site to include in handover documents as proof of functional testing. Timeous handing in of all completed job cards.
- Be able to manage an assistant where required.
- Adherence to project and EHS plans;
- Keep forms and records to document daily project activities;
- Monitor the progress, and communicate daily to site client and Fidelity Fire Solutions Project Manager and make adjustments as agreed with Project Manager to ensure the successful completion or projects;
- Ensure quality of work on site to ensure that it meets the project standards and specifications;
- Check stock before deployment to site and when on site in order to ensure everything required is available. This includes managing nay vehicles stock that may be issued.
- Ensure any deviations in required materials is timeously reported to the project manager to allow time for ordering
- Maintaining a good customer relationship with all Commercial Clients whilst on site.
- Overtime work required from time to time
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 (five) year’s experience in a similar systems service and installation role within Fire Industry.
- Working knowledge and application of applicable SANS legislation.
- SAQCC registered with minimum of L3 Serviceman and L3 installer certification
- Experience of carrying out fire risk assessments, audit and due diligence inspections of existing buildings
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Reliable transport
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid passport
- Willing to travel within the borders of South Africa as well as Sub-Saharan Africa and Abroad when required
Skills and Attributes:
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Drive for results / consistent deliverer
- Business acumen / strategic vision
- Work under pressure in a fast moving growth environment
- Action Oriented
- Priority setting
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
Please note that this position will be recruited in line with the business’ Employment Equity Policy.
Should you meet the requirements and wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV on the link below: