Vacancy: Technician – Hybrid
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor, Service
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
A Technician at this level is suitably qualified and experienced (to the Company’s standard) to install & maintain domestic alarm systems as well as perform on-site programming and testing of such systems. This technician can also perform basic fault finding and install radio communication devices.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Valid driver’s licence essential
- Must be PSIRA registered (Grade C)
- Knowledge of Listener advantageous
- Sound knowledge of DSC, FBI, CADDX, IDS, Paradox and Texecom systems
- Basic Knowledge of CCTV, Intercom systems and access control advantageous
- Able to work standby as per duty sheet
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as an alarm technician
- Previous programming, wiring, installations and fault-finding experience
- Conduct service calls / maintenance and repairs of alarms
- Program alarm panels
- Complete handovers and quotations
- Complete invoices and job cards after every service call
- Complete links up for new clients
- Re-programme alarm systems when the current alarm was part of a takeover
Complete small installations as and when required
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the
markets in which we participate. Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.