Overall purpose of the job: The purpose of the Fire Product Consultant is to source and generate business focusing mainly on the supply of various fire products including portable products, fixed equipment, panels, and any other fire related supply chain products. The consultant will also look for Service and Maintenance opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop sales opportunities, incorporating extensive cold calling activities, in order to maximise growth within the various identified market segments.
- Achieve sales targets at approved margins
- Preparation of quotes and proposals
- Account Management
- Acquiring thorough in-depth trade and competitor knowledge
- Pipeline and Forecast management
- Supply chain liaison with regards to service delivery and communication with all concerned to ensure successful delivery of product and services.
- Understand and manage own deliverables, scope and good time management
- Work effectively within a dynamic team environment
- This position requires flexibility with regards to travelling.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- At least five (5) year’s Fire Industry related sales experience with particular bias towards fire portable products and service
- Working knowledge applicable legislation including relevant SANS 1475 etc and Building Industry regulations related to fire product and service.
- Experience of carrying out fire risk assessments, audit and due diligence inspections of existing buildings related to portable fire equipment
- Selling experience at management level with a proven track record
- Excellent report writing and communication skills, be collaborative, be creative, enthusiastic and engaging
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Reliable transport
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid passport
- Willing to travel when required
Skills and Attributes:
- Customer focused
- Drive for results / consistent deliverer
- Flexibility and thinking out the box mind-set
- Work under pressure in a fast moving growth environment
Please note that this position will be recruited in line with the business’ Employment Equity Policy.