Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Alarm Communicator division within Product requires the services of a Radio Technician to analise, fault find and do basic repairs to VHF and GSM radios.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- PC Literate
- Must have a well-defined fault finding ability.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Sound knowledge of the GSM and VHF Radios.
- Working knowledge of the GSM and VHF network and backhaul.
- Basic electronic knowledge N1 or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of electronic testing equipment.
- Basic handyman skills.
- Must have a strong sense for attention-to-detail.
- Knowledge of board level repairs.
- Working knowledge of Listener.
- Have an understanding of warehousing practices.
- Basic Knowledge of SAP
- Identifying radio types (VHF/GSM) as well as Fidelity ADT owned radios.
- Identify radios for specific regions and catalogue as such.
- Recommend radios considered too old for use to be scrapped.
- Be able to test, analise and do fault finding on a radio.
- Do basic repair to the chassis and circuit board of a radio.
- Keep an inventory of spares available.
- Journal radios into stock per Decoder Base.
- Locate and deactivate radios from clients on Listener.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.