Overall purpose of the job: The purpose of the Fire Service Consultant is to source and generate business focusing mainly on the supply of service contract on both a once off and annual contract basis for products including portable products, fixed equipment, panels, and any other fire related supply chain products.
- At least five (5) year’s Fire Industry related sales experience with particular bias towards fire portable products and service
- Working knowledge applicable legislation including relevant SANS 1475 etc and Building Industry regulations related to fire product and service.
- Experience of carrying out fire risk assessments, audit and due diligence inspections of existing buildings related to portable fire equipment
- Selling experience at management level with a proven track record
- Excellent report writing and communication skills, be collaborative, be creative, enthusiastic and engaging
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Reliable transport
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid passport
- Willing to travel when required
- Identify and develop sales opportunities, incorporating extensive cold calling activities, in order to maximise growth within the various identified market segments.
- Achieve sales targets at approved margins
- Preparation of quotes and proposals
- Account Management
- Acquiring thorough in-depth trade and competitor knowledge
- Pipeline and Forecast management
- Supply chain liaison with regards to service delivery and communication with all concerned to ensure successful delivery of product and services.
- Understand and manage own deliverables, scope and good time management
- Work effectively within a dynamic team environment
- This position requires flexibility with regards to travelling.
- Customer focused
- Drive for results / consistent deliverer
- Work under pressure in a fast moving growth environment